Friday, February 25, 2011

IIM Shillong and life with Awesome66 !!

I would definitely rate July 2nd 2009 to March 28th 2011 as the most awesome time of my life. It has been one great ride – full of surprises and shockers! What a god given break it was for me after 3 years in the industry. I was too bored of the diplomatic life of an MNC where you have to be extremely polished in your interactions with the clients and fellow employees. I was realizing I was not myself in there but there was nothing much I could do. I could see so many of my colleagues complain about the same thing! In the 2 years at S, I made it a point to be extremely jovial though I feel I have exceeded the limits and have come to a point where not many take me seriously : )


I consider myself really lucky to have managed to reach the portals of this wonderful college. This is by far the best class I have been part. Lack of precedents set by lots of batches of alumni helped us to be our original self throughout these 2 years which is normally difficult in other institutes owing to ugly competition and mad rush for grades.
2nd year has been too much fun in the new hostel which can rival the best in terms of facilities. It pays to be among the first batches to make use of the facilities at their best. It was sad that my room’s view of the valley was blocked by another upcoming hostel. : ( The construction noise has become an additive white gaussian noise(AWGN) whose presence has stopped worrying us and we have started to accept it as a part of life : ) .
The birthday celebrations started to assume new meaning this year with the best celebration reserved for the favorite son of the batch – Anurag Joshi!!
I must say I played loads of cricket here after a long time. I had literally stopped playing cricket during the last 2 years before joining here and it was awesome to play with full josh again. The fact there were real good players in my batch made the matches really fierce! Kopda-3 conducted by PGP10 was just out of the world. Nice organizing by PGP10, the auction in the auditorium with players’ photos on display, with well suited organizers on stage and that wonderful auctioneer Sunil Mishra : ) . It was an awesome evening. : )
My close friends have been my strength throughout the 2 years. Without taking names, I feel they were all really humble for all their talent. I would miss each and everyone and would miss the constant bakkar and hang outs.
It was not that there were no differences of opinions among my batchmates but we had the maturity to separate the opinions from the person and more importantly we knew to stand together united when it mattered. Guys, am sure if we had not done that, the batch would have been suffered big time. I would never forget that meeting at RN1 where Gullu started the defence with his wonderful speech. The way the “safe” people pitched in for others that day is a testimony to the unity and helpful nature of my batch – rightly called awesome66!!

I would like to thank god for having given me an opportunity to study at IIM S with wonderful people. I just hope we all stay in touch for years to come and am sure FB is goanna be one medium to stay connected.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feels good after listening to all what u said.. :)
    I ll be joining IIM S (Class of PGP 2011-13)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey rahul.. thanks..have a nice time at S :)

    ReplyDelete