Thursday, October 1, 2009

1/6th over :)


Here I am, writing my blog after a long time. Completed my first term at IIM-S. Phew... what a journey it was!! Did so many things.. learnt so much!! Got new friends, met talented people!!
The bakkar-phodu types are the ones I admire the most. In contrast, Muggo-Padaaku keeda combo is ubiquitous, You cant do much about them :) . You just have to put up with them.
Normally people find such wonderful people at good institutions that if one is not egoistic and is prepared to learn from each one of them, he will go out as a much better person. I will consider my batch diversity and the learning I am having from them to be the biggest take away from this place.
Things got so much accumulated at the end that at one point I seriously did not know which task to take up first. Everything seemed to be of high priority!! I thought I was losing out in the pressure game.But, I could find ample solace all around as people started to feel the heat too!! Gaaliyaans of all kinds on the system from people around reinforced my belief that it is getting onto them as well:). Hectic presentations, Project Submissions, Term papers..Man o man what a welcome to an IIM..
These projects are the most irritating stuffs as for successful implementation of those, one has to work from the term beginning but we are not of that kind. The end result is that one has to work really really hard to fudge data or rather create favourable data out of nowhere and arrive at a suitable pre decided conclusion ..All over a weekend :) The kind of tension that flares up as a result of the worked up minds is another behavioural study in itself. :) .
When the deadline of any project nears people can resort to really funny means to get the job done :) One of the groups just inserted a completely unrelated mahindra & mahindra quarterly result balance sheet in the middle of their statistics project on M&M just to confuse the Prof and add to the page count :)
I feel that I am not able to enjoy life as I used to do before joining this institute as I am not getting the free time that I used to get. All said and done, Life is definitely monotonous :( .. But I have learnt to accept it as a part of the package on offer and I have stopped cribbing about it. :)
One interesting link of my classmate's blog:


2 comments:

  1. indha hindi thinippu IIM ubayamaa?? :-) hehehhehe kelambu kaathu varattum - nyaabagam irukka!!

    ReplyDelete